Things to Consider.
Do you have a sunny place on your roof to put a Solar Hot Water System?
Do you have a relatively new existing electric hot water system that can be boosted by solar? We can help.
A typical household will need around 4 square metres of roof space which receives direct sunlight for the main part of the day and preferably faces north.
The Evacuated Glass Tube Solar Hot Water system typically sits on its own frame to suit your roof. This is either a low frame of 10 Degree for pitched roofs, or a high frame of 20 degree for flatter roofs.
Most modern existing hot water systems can be boosted by our solar manifold system. Please ask if you would like us to check this for you.
- Remember: Check to see if your your gas or electric heater is Solar Hot Water compatible.
How do Solar Water Heating Systems Work?
Our modern Solar Hot Water heating systems use "Evacuated Glass Tubes", called collectors, fitted to your roof.
These collect heat from the sun and use it to heat up water which is stored in the tank.
There are two types of solar water heating systems:
Evacuated Glass Tube Solar Hot Water - the newest technology and the superior option.
- Evacuated Glass Tube Solar Hot Water systems have a 360 degree area (circular not spherical) of collecting heat and UV light between dawn and dusk.
- In fact as soon as the sun starts to shine on these Evacuated Glass Tubes, the system starts to work.
Flat plate collectors.
- Flat Plate collectors have a much shorter viable working time of heat collection as sun needs to shine directly on the Plate collector, and even as little as 20 degrees off centre will dramatically reduce the performance of Flat Plate collectors.
Where can I get Evacuated Glass Tubes for Solar Hot Water?
Looking for a reliable Solar Hot Water system installer in North Queensland?
Click here for a brilliant company that can help you with your Solar Hot Water needs.
Some Benefits of Solar Water Heating
- Hot water throughout the year.
- The system works all year round, including winter as long as it isn't raining.
- Reduced energy bills.
- Sunlight is free, so once you've paid for the initial installation your hot water costs will be mostly free.
- Lower carbon footprint.
- Solar Hot Water is a green, renewable heating system and can reduce your carbon dioxide emissions.
- Solar water heating systems, or "solar thermal" systems, use free heat from the sun to warm domestic hot water.
- A conventional "gas" or "electric" heater can be used to supplement your hot water when solar energy is unavailable. (eg: cloudy days, cyclones, many guests etc)
The Payback Period is Short
Generally it is around 3 to 4 years return for money to get free hot water as installation and system is generally $3,500 - $4,000.
Changing your shower head (rose) to a another efficient way of potentially saving you up to 55% of the water you use, and associated heating costs just from this one change.
Want To Save Money?
Contact us today and ask us how we can help you save $$$.